Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Recycled artwork






Inspired by the post on Polymerclaydaily, I was looking for the way to alter these discs that I painted sometime ago. Not that it is ugly, but not good enough for me. Throw them away or do something with them. I started out by wiping them with the wet paper towel, some paint came off but left the nice blend of pastel color. With the Speedball carving tool in hand, I started carving it. First, the leaves, then swirly pattern. Not bad, ha!


I still have a box full of clay pieces that I made and don't know what to do with them. Cut them into small pieces and cover a counch, not a bad idea either.





Here are some discs that I put the frames on them. The "Sunset on the rough sea" is leaving to Paris with my daughter. The other were send to Thailand to be auction off at the Class Reunion along with a necklace, a bracelet and more pins. All the money will go to the good causes.

No comments: