Friday, February 22, 2008

Synergy

Hello from Synergy
Marian and Thezeda thought I should look more presentable at the conference. They dragged me to the mall to get my eye brown arched (and it hurt really bad), get my nail done and tried on some make up. I went home to dye my hair. It took so much effort to make me look dolled up. Scott reminded me to take business card, my medicine and toothbrush. I tried not to forget anything. It is strange to travel alone, I haven’t done that often.
Ada came home, finally. We talked, she cried, not certain of what to do next. She likes it there in Paris. Very cultural, she said, and people are nice. She cooked Thai food for the family and they love it. I don’t know she can cook.
I finally get to Baltimore in the afternoon, stepping out of the Hotel, and there she was, Mrs. Carol Duvall herself along side with Donna Kato. I wait quietly until Donna turned around and say “Hi Ponsawan”. Wait a minute, she actually knows my name. “I love your work” she said. Ah, excuse me! I just smiled, mumbled thank you. Can't say anything else, I lost my jaw, dropped it on the side walk.
And it had been like that the whole day, many people told me they read my blog and love it. I saw some familiar faces like Grant Diffendaffer, Marla Frankenberg, Judy Belcher, Kim Cavender, Maureen Carlson, Christi Friesen, Kelly Russell, Keila Hernandez. Some long distance friends; Bettina and Iris Mishly. Some famous bloggers; Cynthia Tinapple, Susan Lomuto. My blog’s fans; Jana Roberts Benzon, Seth Savarick and many others who had told me “I love your blog”. Now this is quite overwhelming to me. I better stop blogging until I figure it out what is going on. LOL NOT! I took a seminar with Dan Comier, it was about the new way to make the blend. It got me so excited. Can’t wait to get home and try it. This is good stuff.
The gallery was the highlight of the day. Finally I get to see all the works that had given me all the inspiration and courage to design, to create, to make beautiful things. I saw the works of Jeff Dever, Kathleen Dustin, Elise Winters, Louise Fischer Cozzi, just to name a few.
My roommate from Canada (Cynthia Blanton) thought I was quite a celebrity today. LOL
I am happy to be here among all other fine artists. The first time in 26 years living in this country, I felt that I belong. This is my world, and I am here to stay.
Second day was even better. I hung out at Christi Friesen's table, she handed me some clay to play with. You got to clay everyday, she said. Many new products from many vendors. I bought some faux bone started playing with it right away. Mike and I introduced our self to Staedlter. We both won the Hope-on-a-rope contest last week at CHA. My friend, Wiwat had a booth at ACC show down stair, so I went to see him. Stopping at Kathleen Dustin's booth gave me goose bump. Her new line of Pot purse is so incredible. It gave me hope that, next 20 years, my works can look like her, if I try harder. I had complete my list of what to see when I went to Ford&Forlano booth. Don't make me describe it, i can't. It is my ultimate dream come through to see their works in person. You got to see their works with your own eyes. What can I say? I must have a big crush on those guys who working with Polymer clay. I worship their works. All the edgy design and imagination that we, women can't express.
Tomorrow, I will go down to see Ford&Forlano's works again and again. He might have to shuffle me off his booth. What can I say? I lost my jaw, drop it so many times, many places.
Good night and will report back to you tomorrow.
P.S. For more interesting notes about the seminar, please fast forward to my Synergy roommate; Cynthia Blanton @ www.cynthiablanton.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Paisley The Jackabee said...

My jaw would be sore from dropping around all those great artists. Wish I was there. Great read :-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful report, Ponsawan!!!!! Obviously they were just as happy to meet you! I can't wait to read more.
Susan T

Anonymous said...

I love to read your blog and it's great to hear what you've been up to. It all sounds really exciting.
Di, UK

Molly said...

Oh wow! It sounds like you are having such a good time. I am so green (with envy).

Anonymous said...

Ponsawan, the sheer, happy emotion in your report brought tears to my eyes :). I'm so glad you're having a great time and getting the recognition you and your work deserve. You don't know how inspiring your blog and work are LOL. On another note, are we going to get to see a picture of you all dolled up with your newly arched eyebrows? Hmmmmm? I'm looking forward to your next report!

Mary Kaye (Claymama)

Anonymous said...

Ponsawan,
It was so nice to meet you - I wish you well in all you choose to pursue. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help with your goals or if you have any questions.
Tammy Honaman

Anonymous said...

Ponsawan, it was so great to meet you at Synergy! I really enjoyed visiting with you and seeing your stash;)
~Elizabeth Bonura

Iris Mishly said...

Hi Ponsawan, it was so great to meet you at Synergy! wish we would meet again in our beloved polymer clay world :)
Iris.

Kim Cavender said...

Ponsawan, it was so nice to meet you! I think you are truly charming and your work was wonderful. I still haven't had the energy to write a lengthy post about Synergy but I'm really enjoying reading everyone else's reports.