Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Under construction - Part 3


The construction is moving along slowly, but we are happy with the outcome. The wall and ceiling are painted, track lights were mounted, now if we finish putting stain on the bar and cabinet, then we can cover the floor. Last night, with a little bit of my elbow grease, Austin and I stained the bar and tonight we will work on the cabinet. We already laid out the equipment behind the bar, and, wheww...., everything fit together like it meant to be. I got a permission to decoupage the big table at the far end of the wall. It shapes like a lip, so I will have fun with that, (thinking about Mick Jagger), if I have time to do it. Work is crazy everyday, but I get up every morning and want to go to work, that's the good sign, right?


I still clay during the night, since I don't need much sleep like I used to. Funny how I always wonder why my parents can get up so early in the morning.

Here are some painting I was working on. They are small round discs that I will put frame on and turn then into pendants.



Thanks for everyone who email me and asked some questions. It is nice to know that someone actually read my blog.


4 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Wow, Ponsawan! The bar is going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see the pics when it's finished. How wonderful that you love going to work. The new pendants are so pretty, too!

Anonymous said...

hellow ponsawan! i have been reading your blog and admiring your clay work for some time. i also want to thank you for the tutorial you put on the web. i am sure that the bar is going to be beautiful, and happy for you that you got the opportunity to do that.
efrat

Silastones said...

Thanks Susan & efrat. The bar will look different once we put all the decorations on. I am really excited about it.

Anonymous said...

Hi!Wow you are amazing those pendents are so beautiful! I love your work its so unique! I tried to make one of the pendents that you made but i like yours so much better! Any tips for a beginner?