Thursday, December 21, 2006

Silastones


I just found the new way to do Mokume Gane without having to slide the thin layer out of the stack of clay sheets (not my favorite thing to do). It starts out as Christi Friesen's Mogume Gane, with a few twists, I came up with this cool results. These pendants got the looks of Mogume Gane and "Fordite" (see Polymerclaynotes.com) I also can make matching beads from the scrap. Sanding and buffing these pendants is quite fun and they look much better. I am going to call them "SILASTONES".
The tutorial for this is finished. You can view it at www.polymerclaybeads.blogspot.com. Please leave the comment, thank you.
P.S. I was inform that this technique was published and taught by Donna Kato. I'd neither seen it nor taken any class from her. But I 'd always been inspired by her talent and the willingness to share her knowledge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how to make these... are you going to post the directions?

Mary (newbie)

Silastones said...

Yes, Mary, I will post it after Christmas. Happy holiday to you.

Anonymous said...

It's really beautifull!
Many thanks for the directions
Sabine

Silastones said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sabine. My daughter just got back from Fance. She wants to live there after graduate from college.
I like your work too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pons! Lovely beads and a good technique for them.

kozelova said...

clap clap clap for every bead you have done. regards K